Intersport Elverys is a recognised market leader and innovator in sports retail and their retail network in the Irish market now stands at 47 stores, with a fully integrated omnichannel strategy to serve the needs that today’s consumer commands.
Being a member of Intersport - a vertical retail organization with over 6,000 retail stores in 57 countries, and with access to all the world’s leading sports brands including Nike, Adidas, Puma & Under Armour to name just a few, along with an understanding of our local customer like no other, we are able to provide the best range, advice and value for those who are passionate about sport and fitness at all levels.
The Intersport Elverys brand is one of the biggest supporters of Irish sport - backing sport at all levels, from grass roots events and organisations to elite teams and athletes. In addition to Intersport Elverys’ title sponsorship of Mayo GAA, we are also title sponsor of the FAI Summer Soccer Schools, retail partner to the FAI, IRFU, Connacht Rugby, Dublin GAA and Tipperary GAA.
The Assistant Manager is responsible for assisting in the operations and sales performance of our stores and deputising for the Store Manager.
- Deputise for the Store Manager as required.
- Support the day-to-day operations in the store, including sales, staff, customer experience, security, health & safety, stock and resources management.
- Meet and exceed store targets and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Assist in managing cash, wage costs, budgets and systems administration as required (TMS, SAP, etc)
- Assist in driving excellent Visual Merchandising in store to engage, inspire and educate the consumer
- Recruit, train, coach and manage staff in line with company policies, ensuring fairness and consistency to all.
- Absence management including back to work interviews
- Take responsibility for specific areas of activity as assigned by the Store Manager
- Ensure all staff are assigned to key service areas and have sufficient tasks to perform each day
- Be security conscious within the store and stock rooms – monitor potential shoplifters and follow security guidelines to deter pilferage and protect stock.
- Be conscious of Health & Safety in store. Ensure all staff are fully trained and following company policies and procedures with regard to Health & Safety
- Deliver excellent store standards consistently in line with business audit requirements
- Key holder and call out person in the event of alarm activation
- Provide cover for other stores as required.
- Any other activities as required in order to ensure the successful operation of the store
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- 2/3 years retail management experience (dependent on store grade)
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, people management and leadership skills.
- Experience in Visual Merchandising desirable
- Passionate about the delivery of an excellent customer experience with an understanding of how this drives sales and affects the bottom line
- Proficient IT knowledge including Excel, Email, SAP.
- 3rd Level Business/Retail Management Qualification beneficial but not essential
Additional Benefits include;
- Employee in-store discount
- Learning & Development (Online training platform, Emerging Manager program, Education Assistance, Study & Exam Leave)
- Service Awards
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Company Sick Pay Scheme
- Employee Referral Program
- Momentous Life-Events/Life Milestones acknowledgement
Note: This job description is not a static document and doesn’t propose to cover every aspect of this role. Duties and responsibilities of this role may vary in the future.